Thursday, September 27, 2012

Holding Steady, Praising God

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since my last post and I just wanted to let those of you who don't have Facebook know that I am doing okay. At my doctor's appointment a week ago I found out that my CA-125 is the same as my last reading: 6! My pelvic exam looked good and the doctor wants to see me every 3 months. I thank you all for your love and prayers and I praise God for His answers!

My hair is growing back!  There is more thickness than length, except the temples and sides are thinner (so I didn't take pictures of those areas - ha ha).  Plus there are more white hairs at the sides, which makes it look like I have even less hair there!  Yuk!  Oh well, it will get better!  Naomi calls me her little duck because my hair feels so soft.  =)





Had a little family re-union earlier this month. It was so wonderful and so fun to see everyone -- well, almost everyone. (Wish you and the girls could have made it, Renee.)  Here's a picture taken in our garage.



I am doing well -- but still have some of the same issues. I am trying to wean myself off of the anti-depressant since it doesn't help with the hot flashes like we had hoped. I hate being on medicines and want to get off this one in particular, if I can. Apparently withdrawal symptoms can be nightmarish (as I found out on the web,not from my doctor), so I am going slowly. So far so good. I have noticed a little more crying and slight headaches, but this is nothing compared to some people's experiences. I will continue at this level for a while so my body adjusts and then decrease a little more, gradually, over time. Sure would appreciate your prayers about this. I thought I had found a solution recently to the hot flashes by taking red clover tea, but apparently it isn't consistent.  It does seem to help some nights. Last night I got 7 hours sleep, which is pretty good! Yay!

I tested my pH and found I was on the acidic side (which most of us probably are here in the U.S.), which promotes disease.  So am trying to eat more vegetables and fruits -- been juicing some greens -- in order to get my pH more on the alkaline side.  It's not easy re-training your taste buds!

Well, time to say bye for now. I hope all of you are doing well. Thank you so much for your love and support and encouragement and prayers. I love you all and pray for you, too!   ~Caroline <3

3 comments:

J H said...

Glad you're doing okay, we've been praying for you! When my hair came back in it was really soft too, and I had to get used to everyone wanting to feel it!

Caroline said...

Hey J! Thanks. :) I've been praying for you too. I was wondering if mine would have any curl to it like yours, but it looks like it's going to be straight. That's okay, I'm just glad it's growing, even if it's slower than I'd like. Take care!

Nitha said...

When J's hair came in it felt the same way! And his looked like yours in the beginning, it didnt start getting curly until a little later so don't give up hope! ;)